Alkaline water ionizers are devices that filter and ionize tap water to produce alkaline water, which has a higher pH level compared to regular tap water. Here are some important factors to consider when choosing an alkaline water ionizer:
- Type of Ionization: There are two types of ionization methods – plate and electrode. Plate ionizers use a series of metal plates to filter and ionize water, while electrode ionizers use a combination of electrodes and water flow to ionize water. Best long lasting results are shown by platinum quoted titanium plates as electrodes.
- pH and ORP levels: pH measures the acidity or alkalinity of water, while ORP (oxidation-reduction potential) measures the water’s potential to donate or accept electrons. Choose an ionizer that can produce water with a pH level of 5.5 to 10.5, and an ORP of -200 to -300 millivolts.
- Filtration system: A good alkaline water ionizer should be backed by multi-stage filtration system that can remove impurities such as chlorine, heavy metals, and other contaminants from the water as water input.
- Water flow rate: Consider the water flow rate of the ionizer, which determines how fast the water will be ionized and dispensed. A higher flow rate is better for larger families or households.
- Warranty and customer support: Look for an ionizer that comes with a good warranty and customer support. This will ensure that you can get help if you have any problems with the ionizer.
- Price: Alkaline water ionizers can range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. Determine your budget and choose an ionizer that offers the best value for your money.